LIVONIA CITY HALL AND ALL CITY BUILDINGS WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL RESIDENTS AND VISITORS through June 12.
The Office of Vital Records will be available Tuesday and Thursday only from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Funeral homes may email requests to have death certificates ready or download the form. The form can be mailed with a check to the Clerk’s Office or dropped in the red mailbox outside City Hall. If you are requesting to have it mailed, please include $1 for mailing.
Welcome to the Clerk’s page for the City of Livonia. The Clerk’s Office is a primary point of contact for the public and strives to provide the highest quality of service to the community. The Clerk is an elected position that serves the community in many and varied ways, a sample of which can be found below.
The City Clerk provides the following services:
- Processes and issues various permits and business licenses
- Issues animal licenses
- Issues Dog Park passes
- Processes all documents relative to City for Ordinances, resolutions and actions taken by City Council
- Certifies birth and death records filed in the City of Livonia
- Oversees and administers all federal, state and local elections
- Registers new voters and new residents
- Approves receipts and expenditures of the City
- Administers required Oaths of Office
- Publishes and posts notices as required by City Ordinance and law
- Provides notary services
- Processes waiver use and rezoning petitions for review by the Planning Department
- Maintains permanent records, documents and Ordinances of the City of Livonia
- Handles mail distribution and postage for all City offices and departments
The City Clerk acts as the clerk to the City Council, taking in all materials to appear on Council Agendas and keeping a permanent record of City Council proceedings. The City Clerk's Office also maintains a permanent copy of all board and commission proceedings.
The City Clerk's Office now accepts credit and debit card payments in person.