Parks & Recreation
Weather cancelation Hotline (734) 466-2299
MDHHS Emergency Order
Due to the current MDHHS Emergency Order, several activities are modified or canceled during the three-week pause from Nov. 18-Dec. 8. All Fall II activities (such as fitness & swim classes) are canceled, and participants will receive a pro-rated credit posted to their CivicRec account. If you would like to receive a refund, please contact us at email@example.com.
The following will remain open/available:
- Modified open swim (lap swimming in both pools; river walk); hot tub.
- Fitness equipment (additional machines blocked off to adhere to new distancing guidelines).
- Civic Park Senior Center curbside pickup for food distribution.
- Mercy Elite, personal training and massage
- Kids Quarters
- Archery range (Nov. 21-22)
The following are canceled or closed through Dec. 8:
- Leisure pool water features, slide, sauna.
- All Fall II activities (such as fitness & swim classes, senior center programs) through the session's duration.
- Open Gyms
- Tree Fort
- All indoor facility rentals at Kirksey Recreation Center, Greenmead Historical Park & Civic Park Senior Center.
- Merry & Bright Reverse Holiday Parade (Dec. 6).
More to come regarding:
- Santa Stroll (Dec. 5)
- Night of Lights (Dec. 5)
- Your account has been transferred to our new system.
- Please stop at the desk to verify your email address and update your picture.
- When you login for the first time, you will need to request a password.
2020 Holiday Fun
Santa’s Mailbox and Santa’s Workshop Calling will both give children a chance to contact the big man, as Pet Photos with Santa will do for families’ furry friends. The Santa Stroll and Night of Lights will provide a chance for a colorfully lit visit with Santa at Greenmead Historical Park while Lunch with Santa brings back a classic event with a modified look.
The Merry & Bright Reverse Holiday Parade was canceled due to the MDHHS Emergency Order enacted Nov. 18.
The Livonia Parks and Recreation Department is proud to offer Livonia youth, ages 17 and younger, a scholarship program to make recreation programs and activities affordable for as many youths as possible. Beginning on Nov. 30, we will accept applications for 2021.
The scholarship, funded by St. Mary Mercy Livonia through the Healthy Livonia initiative, is designed to assist Livonia families financially by subsidizing the cost of programs up to a maximum of $300 per child, per year; on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Livonia Parks and Recreation will cover 85% of the program fee and the parent/guardian will be responsible for 15% of the fee per approved program. Funds available based upon donations and sponsorship of the program. This scholarship is another example of community partners breaking down barriers for youth participation in exercise, enrichment and activities.
2022-26 Parks Master Plan
We are beginning the process of putting together our next five-year Parks and Recreation Master Plan and we want your input. If you live in the community, participated in our programs, or have used our parks or facilities, we want to know what you think. Please take 8-10 minutes to respond to our survey at the link below. It'll help us evaluate what we currently have and then create actionable goals for improving our park system and recreation programs over the next several years.
You will also have an option to enter into a prize drawing at the end of the survey.
Parks and Recreation Mission
PARKS AND RECREATION Vision
Strive for excellence through innovation, collaboration, and partnerships.
PARKS AND RECREATION Values
- Quality – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Inclusion – We respect people, value diversity, are committed to equality, and strive for equity.
- Integrity – We are honest and fair in all our actions.
- Service-driven – We are committed to serving the needs of our patrons.
- Community – The foundation of our success is built upon volunteers, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Play – Embracing fun at every age.
- Wellness – We promote seven dimensions of wellness: Physical, Intellectual, Environmental, Vocational, Social, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Stewardship – We are committed to preserving our parks and facilities for current and future generations.