Parks AND Recreation
Weather canceLlation Hotline (734) 466-2299
- How do I rent a pavilion?
- How do I rent a field?
- How do I rent a room?
- Where are all the parks located?
- What are the field numbers at each park?
- How do I sign up for a Recreation Center membership?
- How do I request a refund?
- What's different at Kirksey Recreation Center due to COVID-19?
- How do I request an EFT cancelation?
Greenmead Historical Park is a nearly 200-year-old, 95-acre historical park purchased by the City of Livonia in 1976 and operated by the City of Livonia’s Parks and Recreation Department. The park includes the historical Greenmead Farm and its outbuildings, a 13-building historical village, Greenmead Community Garden, Virginia B. Matley Nature Trail, and soccer fields. Special events are hosted on the grounds of the historical village, including weddings.
Greenmead365 is a public master planning effort to develop a 20-year plan that will lay out the future of Greenmead Historical Park. This unique and important treasure trove of history needs to be able to better serve the residents of Livonia and Metropolitan Detroit. To do so, we need you to tell us what you’d want at Greenmead. Greenmead365 is a public engagement effort to do just that.
What would you like to see at Greenmead 365 days a year? What would make you and your family want to come to Greenmead Historical Park daily, weekly, monthly, annually? To be able to make Greenmead more interesting and engaging for you, we need to know what you want from it. Visit Greenmead365.com to get involved and let us know what you'd like Greenmead's future to look like.
The Livonia Parks and Recreation Department is proud to offer Livonia youth, ages 17 and younger, a scholarship program to make recreation programs and activities affordable for as many youths as possible. As of Nov. 30, we are accepting applications for 2021.
The scholarship, funded by St. Mary Mercy Livonia through the Healthy Livonia initiative, is designed to assist Livonia families financially by subsidizing the cost of programs up to a maximum of $300 per child, per year; on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Livonia Parks and Recreation will cover 85% of the program fee and the parent/guardian will be responsible for 15% of the fee per approved program. Funds available based upon donations and sponsorship of the program. This scholarship is another example of community partners breaking down barriers for youth participation in exercise, enrichment and activities.
Parks and Recreation Mission
PARKS AND RECREATION Vision
Strive for excellence through innovation, collaboration, and partnerships.
PARKS AND RECREATION Values
- Quality – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Inclusion – We respect people, value diversity, are committed to equality, and strive for equity.
- Integrity – We are honest and fair in all our actions.
- Service-driven – We are committed to serving the needs of our patrons.
- Community – The foundation of our success is built upon volunteers, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Play – Embracing fun at every age.
- Wellness – We promote seven dimensions of wellness: Physical, Intellectual, Environmental, Vocational, Social, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Stewardship – We are committed to preserving our parks and facilities for current and future generations.