1976th Regular Meeting Agenda of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, September 6, 2023
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive, Livonia, Michigan
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Regular Meeting Minutes of August 21, 2023
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated August 8, 2023, re: forwarding the Departmental Purchases Report, for the month ending July 31, 2023.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated August 8, 2023, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending June 30, 2023.
1. REQUEST TO APPROVE AND RECOGNIZE THE CLARENCEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL HOMECOMING PARADE, PARADE ROUTE, THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS AND REQUEST TO DESIGNATE AND AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE WAYNE COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY TO CLOSE A PORTION OF MIDDLEBELT ROAD, WITH THE CITY TO ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS WHICH MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE ROAD CLOSURE: Kevin Murphy, Athletic Director, re: to be held on Friday, September 29, 2023, beginning at 6:15 p.m.
2. BLOCK PARTY: Krista Leavens, re: to be held Saturday, September 16, 2023, from 3:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., on Grandon Street between Harrison and Brentwood Streets.
3. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-06-08-05 submitted by The Blain Group, requesting to install an array of ground-mounted solar panels in the parking lot of the Cambridge Office Center at 38777 Six Mile Road, located on the south side of Six Mile Road between the I-275/96 Expressway and Haggerty Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 18.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND PURCHASE SECURITY CAMERAS: Department of Public Works, re: for the DPW yard, from budgeted funds.
5. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Engineering Division, re: for the DPW Fencing Replacement Project, from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST TO AMEND THE ENGINEERING CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2023 TRANSPORTATION ASSET MANANGEMENT PLAN; Engineering Division, re: same. (336-21 and 370-21)
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CHARTER COUNTY OF WAYNE AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Engineering Division, re: for the improvement of Wayne Road from Joy Road to Plymouth Road with the proposed City's participation to be estimated at 9.075%, in the amount of $165,301.
8. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA ZONING ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2023-04-01-03 submitted by Michael Morad, requesting to rezone the property at 20180 Westmore Street, located on the east side of Westmore Street between Farmington Road and Shadyside Street in the Northwest ¼ of Section 3, from N2 (Neighborhood) to RUF (Rural Urban Farm).
9. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Zoning Ordinance, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2023-05-01-04 submitted by Colossal Development Group L.L.C., requesting to rezone the properties at 20511, 20513, and 20515 Angling Road, located on the southwest corner of Angling and Eight Mile Roads in the Northeast ¼ of Section 1, from C-1 (Local Business) to N1 (Neighborhood).
First Reading given by Council Vice President Laura Toy on August 21, 2023.
10. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Councilmember Brandon McCullough, Tree Committee, re: to add Sections 015, 045 and 055 and amend Sections 020, 040 AND 050 TO Title 12, Chapter 24 (Trees and shrubs).
First Reading given by Councilmember Brandon McCullough on August 21, 2023.
11. REQUEST TO AMEND SOLID WASTE/RECYCLING SERVICES CONTRACT WITH GFL: Department of Public Works, re: for a one-year extension, from the Refuse Fund.
12. AWARD OF BID: Department of Public Works, re: for the SCADA Design Build Contract, Phase 1, from budgeted funds.
13. REQUEST TO AMEND THE QBS ENGINEERING CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS: Department of Public Works, re: for the program management and construction engineering services for the SCADA Design Build Contract, Phase 1. (CR 336-21)
14. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND OAKLAND COUNTY INCIDENT MANAGEMENT TEAM: Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness, re: to enter into a mutual aid agreement with surrounding communities.
15. REQUEST TO SCHEDULE A FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING AND TO ESTABLISH A PUBLIC HEARING DATE: Department of Finance, re: for the Annual Budget for the fiscal year ending November 30, 2024.
16. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: MEDC Grant - Greenmead Regional Detention Pond Project, Phase 1 - Whispering Willows Inline Channel Storage Improvements (CR 123-23)
17. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE GROWTH WORKS: Department of Law, re: to provide improved services for the Youth Assistance Diversion Program, commencing September 1, 2023.
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Your Government, City Council, Agendas & Minutes.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK