1977th Regular Meeting Agenda of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, September 18, 2023
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive, Livonia, Michigan
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Regular Meeting Minutes of September 6, 2023
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. AUDIT REPORT: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2022, excluding Silver Village, Newburgh Village, the Community Development Block Grant Program, and single-family City-owned properties.
1. BLOCK PARTY: Anthony Mitchell, re: to be held Sunday, September 24, 2023, from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., on Louise Street between Richland and Orangelawn Streets.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND EXTEND CONTRACT WITH HAVENER TECH: Department of Public Works, re: for completing all repair work required in connection with catch basin, storm sewer, and concrete slab stabilization, in an amount not to exceed $50,000.00 annually, from budgeted funds. (CR 321-21)
3. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Zoning Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2023-04-01-03 submitted by Michael Morad, requesting to rezone the property at 20180 Westmore Street, located on the east side of Westmore Street between Farmington Road and Shadyside Street in the Northwest ¼ of Section 3, from N2 (Neighborhood) to RUF (Rural Urban Farm).
First Reading given by Council Vice President, Laura Toy, on September 6, 2023.
4. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-06-02-06 submitted by Gerald Todd Clark on behalf of ServiceMaster, requesting to develop a Planned General Development, involving the conversion of an existing eight-story office building into climate-controlled self-storage and first-floor retail including residential and commercial restoration services, construction of drive-up self-storage units, and five (5) single-family residential lots, on the property at 29200 Vassar Avenue, located on the north side of Vassar Avenue between Parkville Avenue and Middlebelt Road in the Southwest ¼ of Section 1.
5. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-06-02-09 submitted by Leo Soave Building Inc. requesting Special Waiver Use approval to develop a Planned Residential Development consisting of five (5) buildings and a total of eleven (11) residential dwelling units on properties at 35755 and 35841 Plymouth Road, located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Yale Avenue and Levan Road in the Northeast ¼ of Section 32.
6. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2023-07-08-06 submitted by Leo Soave Building Company, L.L.C. requesting approval of the Master Deed, Bylaws and site plan to develop a site condominium (Sunset View) consisting of eleven (11) single-family homes on the property at 30250 Morlock Avenue located on the west side of Sunset Avenue between Fargo Avenue and Eight Mile Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 2.
7. AWARD OF BID AND REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the construction of a pavilion and concrete pad in the Ben Celani play area of Bicentennial Park, from the unexpended fund balance of the Community Recreation Fund.
8. BLOCK PARTY: Lauren Grewe, re: to be held on Saturday, September 30, 2023, from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., on Sherwood Street between Woodside and Parklane Streets, with a rain date of Sunday, October 1, 2023.
9. REQUEST TO CONSIDER ADOPTING AN ORDINANCE: Department of Finance, re: for the Issuance of Water Supply and Wastewater System Revenue Bonds, Series 2023, in an amount not to exceed $6,500,000.
10. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, for the additional scope of work through change order on the Carl Sandburg Branch Library Roof Replacement Project, from the unexpended fund balance of the Capital Projects Fund.
11. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: MEDC Grant - Denmar Drain Channel Improvement Project (CR 159-23)
12. ACCEPTANCE OF QUIT CLAIM DEED: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Ryan LaFontaine, Owner of LAG Plymouth, LLC as part of the lot combination of Parcel Nos. 46-130-0005-004 (34715 Plymouth Road) and 46-130-01-0007-001 (34801 Plymouth Road) to obtain the necessary road right-of-way, located in the Northwest 1/4 of Section33 (Parcel No. 46-130-01-0007-003).
13. REQUEST TO APPROVE A PARTIAL SETTLEMENT: Department of Law, re: for seven of the fifteen claims for Donald and Dina Croskey, et al v City of Livonia; Wayne County Circuit Court Case No. 22-011590-NZ.
14. REQUEST TO APPROVE A SETTLEMENT: Department of Law, re: for Barbara L. Thomas v City of Livonia; EEOC Charge No. 471-2023-03811.
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Your Government, City Council, Agendas & Minutes.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK