January 31, 2023
33000 Civic Center Drive
Livonia, MI 48154
Planning Commission Meeting
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
CITY PLANNING COMMISSION
CITY OF LIVONIA
TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2023
1,194th Public Hearing and Regular Meeting 7 p.m.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEM
1. Petition 2022-12-01-02 submitted by Basilica of St. Mary under Sections 13.13 and 13.15 of the Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance, as amended, requesting to rezone parts of the properties at 18100 Merriman Road and 30600 Brookview Drive, located on the east side of Merriman Road between Mayville Drive and Seven Mile Road in the Northwest ¼ of Section 11, from P-L (Public Lands) to N2 (Neighborhood) and NM3-I (Neighborhood Multifamily – Maximum 4 Stories).
2. Petition 2022-12-02-21 submitted by EROP, L.L.C. requesting waiver use approval pursuant to Section 6.07 of the Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance, as amended, in connection with a proposal to redevelop the site, including demolishing the existing restaurant (Archie’s) and constructing a new automated auto wash facility (Whitewater Express), at 30471 Plymouth Road, located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Middlebelt Road and Milburn Avenue in the Northwest ¼ of Section 35.
3. Petition 2022-12-02-22 submitted by Uptown Cheapskate requesting waiver use approval under Section 6.53 of the Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance, as amended, in connection with a proposal to operate a second-hand store and resale shop at 29508 Seven Mile Road, within the Livonia Marketplace retail center located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between Middlebelt Road and Purlingbrook Road in the Southeast ¼ of Section 2.
4. Petition 2022-12-02-23 submitted by Individual Brewing Co. L.L.C., requesting waiver use approval under Section 6.09 of the Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to operate a Micro Brewer license including an on-premises tasting room (1 For All Brewery) at 38083 Ann Arbor Road located on the south side of Ann Arbor Road between West Chicago Avenue and Ann Arbor Trail in the Northeast ¼ of Section 31.
5. Petition 2022-12-02-24 submitted by Tiseo Architects, on behalf of The Hertz Corporation, requesting waiver use approval under Section 6.05 of the Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to operate an auto rental facility for Lyft and Uber ride-hailing drivers at 27901 Plymouth Road, located on the south side of Plymouth Road between Inkster Road and Harrison Road in the Northeast ¼ of Section 36.
6. Motion to hold a public hearing, to consider amendments to the Livonia Vision 21 Zoning Ordinance (Petition 2023-01-06-01).
7. Approval of the Minutes of the 1,193rd Public Hearings and Regular Meeting held by the Planning Commission on November14, 2022.
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. If you need assistance, please call (734) 466-2236 or email: Clerk@livonia.gov