1,893rd Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, March 23, 2020
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO REVOKE NOTICE OF SPECIAL LAND USE APPROVAL FOR WAIVER PETITION 1999-08-02-25, SUBMITTED BY SUMMIT SPORTS, INC., d/b/a PLAY IT AGAIN SPORTS: Julian Sesi, SESI & SESI, P.C., re: as the tenant has vacated the premises and new client does not intend to exercise the waiver use granted in Council Resolution 717-99.
2. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE AND TO ERECT SIGNS AT REFERENCED LOCATIONS: Fred E. Sackllah, Festival Chairperson, The Basilica of St. Mary Antiochian Orthodox Church, re: in connection with their 12th Annual Michigan Fun Fest to be held from Thursday, June 18, 2020 through Sunday, June 21, 2020, at Bryant Park, 18000 Merriman Road.
3. APPOINTMENT OF SUSAN HARVEY TO THE PLYMOUTH ROAD DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, re: for a four-year term, which will expire on May 16, 2024.
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE SPECIALIZED SERVICES TRANSPORTATION OPERATING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM THIRD PARTY CONTRACT FOR THE PERIOD OF OCTOBER 1, 2019 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2020 BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND SMART: Department of Community Resources, re: with grant funds to be used for the Livonia Community Transit Program to provide lift-equipped transportation to the senior and disabled residents of the City.
5. REQUEST PERMISSION FROM WAYNE COUNTY TO CLOSE A PORTION OF FARMINGTON ROAD TO HOST LIVONIA’S ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to close Farmington Road north and southbound from Five Mile Road to Roycroft, on Saturday, May 23, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
6. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for tennis court reconstruction at Bicentennial Park, from Wayne County Parks District 9 grant funding and from budgeted funds.
7. AWARD OF BID: Division of Police, re: for renovation of main dispatch and emergency operations dispatch centers, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE AND INSTALL FOUR (4) XYBIX DISPATCH WORKSTATIONS THROUGH THE HOUSTON GALVESTON AREA COUNCIL (HGAC) COOPERATIVE CONSORTIUM: Division of Police, re: to replace current Dispatch workstations and related equipment, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FOUR (4) UNMARKED POLICE VEHICLES UTILIZING STATE OF MICHIGAN AND COUNTIES OF OAKLAND AND MACOMB CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Division of Police, re: from budgeted funds.
10. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) MARKED/SEMI-MARKED POLICE VEHICLES UTILIZING COUNTIES OF OAKLAND AND MACOMB CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Division of Police, re: from budgeted funds.
11. AWARD OF BID: Engineering Division, re: for the 2020 Asphalt Road Paving Program (Contract 20-A), from budgeted funds.
12. REQUEST TO AMEND THE CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS FOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2020 ASPHALT ROAD PROGRAM (CONTRACT 20-A): Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 365-16)
13. AWARD OF BID: Engineering Division, re: for the 2020 Concrete Road Repair Program (Contract 20-C), from budgeted funds.
14. REQUEST TO AMEND THE CONTRACT WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. FOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2020 CONCRETE ROAD PROGRAM (CONTRACT 20-C): Engineering Division, re: for same. (CR 365-16)
15. REQUEST TO AMEND THE CONTRACT WITH ANDERSON, ECKSTEIN AND WESTRICK, INC. FOR DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2020 CONCRETE ROAD MAINTENANCE/SELECTIVE SLAB PROGRAM (CONTRACT 20-J): Engineering Division, re: for same. (CR 365-16)
16. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE 2020 CONCRETE ROAD MAINTENANCE/SELECTIVE SLAB PROGRAM BY EXTENDING CONTRACT 19-J UNIT PRICES WITH L. ANTHONY CONSTRUCTION, INC.: Engineering Division, re: for Contract 20-J, with the exception of tree removal prices which include up to 25 locations throughout the City, from budgeted funds.
17. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CHARTER COUNTY OF WAYNE AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Engineering Division, re: for the improvements of Merriman Road from Plymouth Road to Schoolcraft Road to Plymouth Road with the proposed City’s participation to be estimated at 9.075% in the amount of $148,558.00, from budgeted funds.
18. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Title 6 (Animals), Repealing Chapters 04 (Dogs), 05 (Reserved), 06 (Cats), 07 (Vicious Animals), and 08 (Miscellaneous Regulations) to consolidate the ordinances in order to ensure the proper care and control of animals.
19. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED:Department of Law, re: Petition 2019-12-01-08, submitted by Gary Bloom, for a change of zoning of property located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between I-275/96 Expressway and Haggerty Road (39040 Seven Mile Road), in the Southwest ¼ of Section 6, from M-1 (Light Manufacturing) to OS (Office Services).
(Public Hearing held on February 26, 2020.)
20. ROLL CALL: PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to Section 170 of Title 5, Chapter 03 (General
Licensing Procedure) to update fees charged to obtain licenses required by the City.
(First Reading given by Council Vice President Scott Bahr on March 11, 2020)
21. PROPOSED SPECIAL ASSESSMENT STREET LIGHTING PROJECT: Department of Assessment, re: for the Capri Court Site Condominiums, located on the west side of Farmington Road, south of Eight Mile Road, in the Northeast ¼ of Section 4. (To determine Necessity) Public Hearing held on February 26, 2020.
22. PROPOSED ASSESSMENT STREET LIGHTING PROJECT: Department of Assessment: re: for the Dover Court Site Condominiums, located South of Ann
Arbor Trail, between Wayne Road and Norwich, in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33. (To determine Necessity) Public Hearing held on February 26, 2020.
23. ADOPTION OF PROCEDURES FOR THE CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS ON MILITARY DUTY TO PARTICIPATE REMOTELY FOR COUNCIL MEETINGS: City Council, re: same.
24. REQUEST TO AMEND AND REVISE CR 10-20 – SEMCOG, Kathleen McIntyre, President, to replace Councilmember Jim Jolly with Vice President Scott Bahr as the Council Representative.
25. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from David D. Phipps, Agent, Aletha B. Phipps Apartments, LLC, for a public utility easement in the Northeast ¼ of Section 21, in connection with the water main constructed within the Aletha Apartments Development (14931 Farmington Road).
DATED: March 17, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas