1900th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia7:00 P.M.* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Monday, July 6, 2020
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 / WOW Channel 10 / ouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on CALL TO ORDER: INVOCATION:ROLL CALL:PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALSCONSENT AGENDA
1. BLOCK PARTY: Jim Rumell, Ray Franges, Pearl Franges and Ari Wilson, re: to be held Saturday, August 22, 2020, from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Brentwood Street, between Jacquelyn and Meadowlark, with a rain date of Sunday, August 23, 2020.
2. REQUEST FOR COUNCIL APPROVAL ON A PROPOSED LOT SPLIT: Department of Assessment, re: for the property located on the east side of Hillcrest Avenue, between Schoolcraft Road and Lyndon Avenue, in the Southwest ¼ of Section 23, (14060 Hillcrest) and to waive the property depth-to-width ratio. (Tax Item 46-091-01-0022-000) (Petition #2020-03-LS-02)
NEW BUSINESS AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE NEW LEASE AGREEMENT FOR FOX CREEK RESTAURANT: Parks & Recreation, re: with increase in lease payment for the first five-year term and two options to renew for an additional five years each.
4. AWARD OF BID: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for Glendale Archery Range Project, to be funded by the 2019-2020 CDBG Program. (CR 178-19)
5. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for a two-year contract for the City’s Vegetation Control Program, from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE PROPOSED 2020 JOINT AND CRACK SEALING PROGRAM (CONTRACT 20-D) BY EXTENDING CONTRACT 14-D UNIT PRICES WITH MICHIGAN JOINT SEALING, INC.: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 36-19, CR 176-18, CR 98-17, CR 261-16, CR 163-15 and CR 283-14)
7. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Sidewalk and Pavement Replacement for Water Main Breaks at the DPW Fleet Maintenance Building (Contract 19-F) for an additional amount not to exceed $20,000.00. (CR 180-19)
8. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-02-03-01, submitted by Zeimet Wozniak & Associates, on behalf of Schoolcraft College, request to vacate a section of the existing water main easement within the Schoolcraft College campus, located on the east side of Haggerty Road between Six Mile and Seven Mile Roads (18600 Haggerty Road and 17950 College Parkway) in the Northwest ¼ and Southwest ¼ of Section 14. (CR 319-19)
(First Reading given by Councilmember Laura Toy on Monday, June 22, 2020.)
9. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-02-03-02, submitted by Woodhaven Retirement Community, request to determine whether or not to vacate a section of the existing water main easement located on the south side of Wentworth Avenue, west of Middlebelt Road (29667 Wentworth Avenue) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 14. (CR 62-20)
(First Reading given by Council Vice President Scott Bahr on Monday, June 22, 2020.)
10. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Ashley Olds and Andrew Murray, re: to host wedding ceremony and reception with music in the backyard of their home located at 20269 Gillman Street, on Saturday, October 3, 2020, from 5:00 p.m. until 12:00 a.m.
11. REQUEST TO ABANDON RYDER DRAIN: Douglas Boehm, Livonia Comfort Care, LLC, re: for drain on property located on the north side of Plymouth Road, between Farmington and Stark Roads, (34020 Plymouth Road), in the southeast ¼ of Section 28. (CR 442-18)
DATED: June 24, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.