1906th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, October 5, 2020
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER:
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. BLOCK PARTY: Michele Johnston, re: to be held Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Floral Street, between Curtis and Lathers, with no rain date requested.
2. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO ESTABLISH A HIGHSCHOOL DUAL ENROLLMENT YOUTH FIRE CADET PROGRAM AT SCHOOLCRAFT COLLEGE: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: for high school students 16-17 years of age.
3. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE 40 CASES OF FOURSTAR 180 DAY BRIQUETTES: Public Service Division, re: from Clarke Mosquito Control for the 2021 Mosquito Treatment Program, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 9” DISK STYLE BRUSH CHIPPER THROUGH THE STATE CONTRACT PRICING: Public Service Division, to be used by the Forestry and Roads departments, from funds budgeted in the 2019-2020 Refuse Fund.
5. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE SEVEN (7) MARKED/SEMI-MARKED POLICE VEHICLES UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND MACOMB COUNTY CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Division of Police, re: from budgeted funds.
6. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the purchase of Calcium Hypochlorite (chlorine) and annual cleaning of feeders for the Kirksey Recreation Center Pools, Botsford Pool, Clements Circle Pools and Shelden Pool for the period from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2023, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Leo Soave Bldg., Inc., in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed on the east side of Wayne Road, South of Curtis Road, in the Southwest ¼ of Section 9.
8. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Livonia Estates Ltd., c/o Hove Street Properties Limited, in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed at 31800 Enterprise Drive, in the Southeast ¼ of Section 27.
9. REQUEST FOR ONE-YEAR EXTENSION OF WAIVER USE APPROVAL: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-06-02-09, submitted by Neumann/Smith Architecture, which previously received approval by the City Council on August 12, 2019, to expand floor area, renovate the exterior appearance of the building and modify the vehicular parking layout of the existing Salvation Army resale store on property located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Farmington and Stark Roads (33600 Plymouth Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 28. (CR 269-19)
AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION For the 1,907th Regular Meeting of October 19, 2020 DATED: September 23, 2020
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.