1912th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called onCALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTESRevised Minutes of the Regular Meeting of November 16, 2020Minutes of the Regular Meeting of December 14, 2020AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Office of the Mayor, dated January 7, 2021, re: forwarding the Annual report for the Fiscal Year 2019-2020, which reflect the finances and administrative activities in the City.CONSENT AGENDA
1. REQUEST FOR CONSIDERATION OF PROPOSED ORDINANCE AMENDMENT: Steve Johnson, re: to require all animals be held on a leash when off the owner's property with exceptions at the City dog park, within a confined area, or a Police K-9 Unit.
2. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ART INSTITUTE AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2020: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
3. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE WAYNE COUNTY ZOOLOGICAL AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2020: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
4. TAX RATE REQUEST FOR THE HURON CLINTON METROPOLITAN AUTHORITY FOR THE YEAR 2020: Office of the City Clerk, re: to set the rate of tax to be levied and requesting that it be collected as a winter tax.
Agenda for the Regular Meeting of January 13, 2021
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFIT ADJUSTMENTS FOR THE CLASSIFICATION OF FIRE CHIEF AND DEPUTY CHIEF: Civil Service Division, re: for the period of December 1, 2018 through November 30, 2021.
6. REQUEST TO APPROVE LOCATION AND SCHEDULE OF DATES AND TIMES FOR THE 2021 BOARD OF REVIEW MEETINGS, AS WELL AS COMPENSATION RATES FOR MEMBERS: Department of Assessment, re: per the requirements of State of Michigan Statute MCL 211.30.
7. REQUEST TO APPROVE PURCHASE OF MAC GYM FLOORING THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL PURCHASING PROGRAM: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: to replace the existing MAC flooring, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF A DELL POWERSTORE 1000T SAN: Information Systems Department, re: to increase storage capacity, from budgeted funds
9. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE PURCHASE OF A DELL DATA DOMAIN DD6900: Information Systems Department; re: to increase backup storage system capacity, from budgeted funds
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE ESTABLISHMENT OF IMPROVEMENT BONDS: Engineering Division, re: to assure the installation of public improvements at Livonia Manor III Site Condominium, located on the north side of Seven Mile Road, between Canterbury Avenue and Shrewsbury Drive in the Southeast 1/4 of Section 3. (CR 272-20)
11. VACATING REQUEST: Engineering Division, re: to vacate a public utility easement within the 18th St. Development, located at 39000 Seven Mile Road. Parcel I.D. No. 46-023-99-0001-004.
12. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-11-08-07 submitted by Adams Park Development, L.L.C., requesting to develop a site condominium (Adams Park) consisting of thirty-nine (39) single-family homes on the properties located on the south side of Lyndon Avenue between Inkster and Middlebelt Roads (14416 Harrison Avenue and 28201 Lyndon Avenue, former Adams Elementary School site) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 24.UNFINISHED BUSINESS
13. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES (VACATING), AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: 2020-09-03-04 submitted by Group 10 Management, on behalf of Laurel Investment L.L.C., to vacate an existing public utility easement, located on the west side of North Laurel Park Drive, between Six Mile Road and University Park Drive (17117 and 17123 North Laurel Park Drive, Holiday Inn) located on the Southeast ¼ of Section 7.
14. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-07-01-04, submitted by Adams Park Development, L.L.C., to rezone the properties located on the south side of Lyndon Avenue between Inkster and Middlebelt Roads (14416 Harrison Avenue and 28201 Lyndon Avenue), former Adams Elementary School site, in the Southeast ¼ of Section 24 from PL (Public Lands) to R-1 (One Family Residential). First Reading given by Councilmember Brandon McCullough on Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Agenda for the Regular Meeting of January 13, 2021
15. Petition 2020-09-06-02 submitted by the City Planning Commission, pursuant to Section 23.01(b) of the Livonia Zoning Ordinance #543, as amended, to determine whether or not to amend Article XXXI – NP District Regulations, of the City of Livonia Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended, to expand the list of permitted uses under Section 31.03 to include beneficial forest management practices, such as the removal of invasive species, and selective trail construction in accordance with the City’s Master Parks and Recreation Plan and nonmotorized transportation plan, Livonia Bike Walk. Public Hearing held Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
16. ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSE TO CR 349-20: Department of Law, re: subject matter of parking restrictions during the period of bulk leaf pickup.
17. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2020-11-02-10 submitted by LS Equity L.L.C. requesting to re-develop the commercial shopping center (Shoppes of Livonia), including demolishing a portion of the existing building, constructing a full-service restaurant with drive-thru facilities (Chick-fil-A), constructing an addition and renovating the exterior façade of the existing building, and constructing a multi-tenant retail building with drive-thru facilities, located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Haller Avenue and Middlebelt Road (29250-29350 Plymouth Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 25.
18. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from 18th Street Development, for a public utility easement in connection with a water main constructed at 39000 Seven Mile Road in the SE 1/4 of Section 6. Parcel ID 46-023-99-0001-004.NEW BUSINESS
19. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE LIVONIA POLICE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION (POAM) COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT FOR THE PERIOD OF DECEMBER 1, 2020 THROUGH NOVEMBER 30, 2023, Civil Service Department, re: same.
20. REQUEST TO APPROVE THE RENEWAL OF A JOINT DECLARATION AND RESOLUTION PERMITTING TEMPORARY OUTDOOR DINING AREAS DURING THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY: City Council, President, Kathleen McIntyre, and Mayor Maureen Miller Brosnan, re: to allow for the approval of temporary outdoor dining areas in connection with existing full and limited-service restaurants in the City of Livonia.AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.