1,916th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, March 8, 2021
* Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 /
WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV
Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226
To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES
Minutes Of The Regular Meeting Of February 22, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1) REQUEST TO WAIVE THE SIDEWALK REQUIREMENT: Stephen and Catherine Simon, re: for the newly constructed home located at 18250 Laurel, in the N.W. 1/4 of Section 9.
2) REAPPOINTMENT OF JACOB GHANNAM TO THE LIVONIA BOARD OF ETHICS: Office of the Mayor, re: for a three year term which will expire on March 1, 2024.
3) REAPPOINTMENT OF SUZETTE SAMUELS TO THE LIVONIA BOARD OF ETHICS: Office of the Mayor, re: for a three year term which will expire on March 1, 2024.
4) REAPPOINTMENT OF ANDREW LENDRUM TO THE LIVONIA BOARD OF REVIEW: Office of the Mayor, re: for a three year term which will expire on February 16, 2024.
5) REQUEST TO APPROVE AMENDMENT TO LEASE AGREEMENT WITH THE MICHIGAN WOLVES AND HAWKS SOCCER CLUB: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: to allow Michigan Hawks Soccer Club to assume the current lease for the continued use of Jaycee Park soccer fields.
6) REQUEST PERMISSION FROM WAYNE COUNTY TO CLOSE A PORTION OF FARMINGTON ROAD TO HOST LIVONIA’S ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to close Farmington Road north and southbound from Five Mile Road to Roycroft, on Saturday, May 29, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
7) REQUEST TO APPROVE THE LIVONIA COMMAND OFFICER SALARY AND BENEFIT CHANGES: Civil Service Department, re: for the period of December 1, 2020 through November 30, 2023.
8) REQUEST TO APPROVE THE LIVONIA POLICE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION OF MICHIGAN (POAM) ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATE, THE LIVONIA POLICE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION, POLICE SERVICE AIDE UNIT - UNIT B TENTATIVE AGREEMENT: Civil Service Department, for the period of December 1, 2020 through November 30, 2023.
9) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO ENTER INTO A MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE LIVONIA COMMAND OFFICERS ASSOCIATION: Civil Service Department, re: to implement a New Dental and Optical Plan.
10) AWARD OF BID: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the installation of an accessible pathway at Greenwood Park under the 2020-2021 Community Development Block Grant Program.
11) AWARD OF BID: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the installation of accessible pathways at Dover Park under the 2020-2021 Community Development Block Grant Program.
12) REQUEST TO APPROVE SPECIALIZED SERVICES TRANSPORTATION OPERATING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM THIRD PARTY CONTRACT FOR THE PERIOD OCTOBER 1, 2020 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30, 2021 BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND SMART: Livonia Housing Commission, re: with grant funds to be used for the Livonia Community Transit Program to provide lift-equipped transportation to the senior and disabled residents of the City.
13) REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Public Works Division, re: to send out for repair of 2014 Freightliner to Wolverine Truck Sales, Inc., to have engine rebuilt to long the usefulness of said vehicle, from budgeted funds.
14)REQUEST TO RELEASE GENERAL IMPROVEMENT BOND: Engineering Division, re: for Heritage Square Site Condominiums, located at the east side of Newburgh Road between Five Mile and Six Mile Roads (36900 and 36910 Mallory Drive; former Clay Elementary School site, and 16600 Newburgh Road and a portion of 16700 Newburgh Road) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 17. (CR 403-18)
15) REQUEST TO RELEASE SIDEWALK BOND, ENTRANCE MARKERS /LANDSCAPING BOND AND MONUMENTS AND MARKERS BOND: Engineering Division, re: for Arbor Trail Estates Site Condominium, located on the south side of Ann Arbor Trail between Newburgh Road and Dowling Avenue, in the Southeast 1/4 of Section 32 (CR 149-16 and CR 335-16).
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - Meeting of February 17, 2021
16) Subject matter of an agreement with Hegira Health, Inc. to provide two (2) full-time Master Degree Level Professional Social Workers to be embedded with the Livonia Police Department to provide Law Enforcement/Mental Health Co-Response Services to the residents of the City of Livonia. (CR 21-21)
17) PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend the sewage disposal system ordinance Chapter 13.20, Section 050 (Connection rates for buildings-fee schedule) and Section 060 (Connection rates for buildings-Computation guidelines).
18) ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Schoolcraft College (Main Campus) for public utility easement in connection with the water main constructed at 18600 Haggerty Road in the Northwest 1/4 of Section 7. Parcel ID 46-027-99-0001-003.
19) ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Schoolcraft College (Health Sciences Property) for public utility easement in connection with the water main constructed at 18600 Haggerty Road in the Northwest 1/4 of Section 7. Parcel ID 46-027-99-0001-003.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.