1920th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, May 10, 2021
7:00PM Due to COVID-19, Livonia City Council meetings will not be held in the City Hall Auditorium
Live broadcast: AT&T Uverse Channel 99 / Spectrum Channel 203 / WOW Channel 10 / YouTube.com/LivoniaTV Connect on Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/822419226 or phone at (312) 626-6799, ID: 822 419 226 To participate, use the ‘Raise Hand’ button on Zoom or press *9 on your phone to be called on
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES
Minutes of the 1919th Regular Meeting of April 26, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REAPPOINTMENT OF STEPHANIE BLATT (ROEHL) TO THE PLYMOUTH ROAD DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, re: for a three-year term, which will expire on May 16, 2024.
2. REQUEST TO APPROVE AN INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CHARTER COUNTY OF WAYNE AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for improvements at Bicentennial Park and Clements Circle Pool, with the proposed City’s participation in the amount of $100,000.
3. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) CASE 580SN BACKHOE 2WD TRACTOR THROUGH THE SOURCEWELL CONTRACT (FORMERLY NJPA): Public Service Division, re: to be used by the Roads department, from budgeted funds.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TEN (10) FORD 2021 F250 PICKUP TRUCKS THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND MACOMB COUNTY BID PROCESS; Public Works Division, re: for use by the Parks, Roads and Building Maintenance sections.
5. REQUEST TO APPROVE A THREE-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION WITH HYDROCORP SERVICES FOR THE CROSS CONNECTION CONTROL PROGRAM: Public Works Division, re: to perform all work necessary to complete the program requirements, in an amount not to exceed $66,276.00 annually, from budgeted funds. (CR 128-20)
6. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Sections 040L, 040M and 400 of Title 6, Chapter 1 (Animals) of the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as Amended, and Section 110 of Title 12, Chapter 20 (Public Lands). (CR 03-21)
7. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend the Historic Preservation Commission Ordinance Chapter 2.56, Section 020 (Definitions), Section 050 (Historic Preservation Commission--Creation and Membership), and Section 060 (Commission--Powers and Duties).(CR 110-21)
8. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: to amend Section 350 of Title 6, Chapter 1 (Animals). (CR 43-21) First Reading given by Council Member Brandon McCullough on Monday, April 26, 2021.
9. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to the Livonia Code of Ordinances, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2021-01-03-01 submitted by Anderson, Eckstein & Westrick, Inc., on behalf of Botsford General Hospital, request to determine whether or not to vacate an existing public utility easement at 39000 Seven Mile Road, located on the north side of Seven Mile Road between the I-275/96 Expressway and Haggerty Road in the Southwest ¼ of Section 6. (CR 85-21) First Reading given by Council Member Cathy White on Monday, April 26, 2021.
10. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the Department Branding Project as identified in Livonia Vision 21, from budgeted funds.
11. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2021-01-02-01 submitted by Stein Investment Company, L.L.C. requesting approval to develop and operate a climate-controlled, indoor self-storage facility on property located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Sears Drive and Merriman Road (31100 Plymouth Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 26.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.