1928th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of LivoniaCALL TO ORDER
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive Livonia, Michigan
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1927th Regular Meeting of August 23, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. BLOCK PARTY: Sarah Domingo, re: to be held Saturday, October 16, 2021, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Grove Street, from Pollyanna Street to Surrey Street, with rain date of Sunday, October 17, 2021.UNFINISHED BUSINESS
2. REQUEST TO APPROVE AND RECOGNIZE THE MADONNA UNIVERSITY HOMECOMING PARADE, PARADE ROUTE, THE CLOSING OF CERTAIN CITY STREETS AND REQUEST TO DESIGNATE AND AUTHORIZE SENIOR POLICE OFFICER MICHAEL ARAKELIAN TO SIGN THE WAYNE COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION PERMIT ON BEHALF OF THE CITY TO CLOSE A PORTION OF LEVAN, SCHOOLCRAFT AND NEWBURGH ROADS, WITH THE CITY TO ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CLAIMS WHICH MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE ROAD CLOSURE: Katie S. Alexander, CMP, Madonna University, re: to be held on Saturday, September 25, 2021, beginning at 11:30a.m.
3. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF THE 2021-2026 CONSOLIDATED PLAN: 2021-2022 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG) ANNUAL PLAN AND BUDGET; AND REQUEST TO APPROVE HOLD HARMLESS CONTRACTS BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND FIRST STEP, FAIR HOUSING CENTER OF METROPOLITAN DETROIT, WAYNE METROPOLITAN COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY, CRUZ CLINIC, HEGIRA PROGRAMS, INC., STONEBROOK COUNSELING ASSOCIATES, PLCC, AND THE COLLABORATIVE HEALTH CENTER: Livonia Housing Commission, re: in connection with the operation of a domestic violence victim assistance program; for the purpose of providing fair housing; and for the mental health counseling program provided for through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs for the 2021-2022 program year.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) TRANSIT VAN 350 DRW HI ROOF EL CARGO VAN UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND MACOMB COUNTY CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Public Service Division, re: to replace a current van, from budgeted funds.
5. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH EJ USA, INC.: Department of Public Works, re: for the purchase of stormwater, water main and sanitary manhole-related items in an amount not to exceed $75,000.00 annually, for a one-year extension. (CR 149-20)
6. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE LIVONIA CODE OF ORDINANCES, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: to amend Chapter 13.04 Section 030 (Using Water From Fire Hydrants - Permit, Cash Deposit and Other Conditions) to increase the meter deposit from $100.00 to $800.00. NEW DATA ITEM 8 - Original contract from D'Angelo Brothers, Inc from 2012
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO WAIVE THE SEALED BID PROCESS AND ACCEPT PROPOSAL: Department of Parks and Recreation, re: for the replacement of the bungalow roof at Greenmead Historical Park, from budgeted funds.
8. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH D'ANGELO BROTHERS, INC.: Department of Public Works, re: to perform water main taps and service connections along with emergency water and sewer repairs at various locations throughout the city in an amount not to exceed $300,000.00 annually, for a one-year extension. (CR 264-17)
9. REQUEST TO ACCEPT STORM WATER FACILITIES MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT: Engineering Division, re: from Haggerty Square LLC, in conjunction with the construction of a storm drainage system that provides adequate drainage for property developed on the east side of Haggerty Road, north of Seven Mile Road, in the Southwest 1/4 of Section 6.NEW BUSINESS
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email email@example.com if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.