Regular Meeting Agenda
1,864th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
Livonia, MichiganCALL TO ORDER:INVOCATION:ROLL CALL:PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance dated November 20, 2018, re: forwarding various financial statements for the City of Livonia for the month ending October 31, 2018.
b. Communication from the Office of the Mayor, dated January 4, 2019, re: forwarding the Annual Report for the Fiscal Year 2017-2018, which reflects activities of the Livonia City Departments, Commissions and Boards. CONSENT AGENDA
1. REQUEST TO PURCHASE CITY-OWNED PROPERTY: Matthew Justus, re: offer to purchase City-owned property at 28024 Joy Road, for the appraised property value of $37,000.00.
2. COLLECTION OF LIVONIA PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT TAXES FOR THE YEAR 2019: Office of the City Clerk, re: forwarding a communication from the Secretary of the Board of Education requesting that the City continue to collect one-half of their district’s taxes with the summer tax collection and the remaining one-half with their winter tax collection, commencing July 1, 2019.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE LOCATION AND SCHEDULE OF DATES AND TIMES FOR THE 2019 BOARD OF REVIEW MEETINGS, AS WELL AS COMPENSATION RATES FOR MEMBERS: Department of Assessment, re: per the requirements of State of Michigan Statute MCL 211.30.
4. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE TWO (2) MARKED PATROL VEHICLES UTILIZING STATE OF MICHIGAN AND COUNTIES OF OAKLAND AND MACOMB CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Division of Police, re: to replace two (2) vehicles damaged beyond repair in November 2018 utilizing insurance reimbursement and additional budgeted funds.
5. AWARD OF BID: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: for the design, bid documents and construction administration for the renovation of the gymnastics space at the Jack E. Kirksey Recreation Center, from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST TO APPROVE PROPOSED INCREASE IN USAGE FEES AND ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW PROGRAM FEES: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to be effective for Spring/Summer programming to offset cost of operations.
7. REQUEST TO WAIVE FORMAL BIDDING PROCESS AND APPROVE CONTRACT: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to purchase equipment for updates to indoor leisure pool at the Kirksey Recreation Center, to be purchased through the BuyBoard purchasing group.
8. REQUEST TO APPROVE AMENDMENT TO THE SUBLEASE AND HEALTH SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH ST. MARY MERCY LIVONIA: Department of Parks & Recreation, re: to establish a scholarship program for low-income Livonia residents for the value of 90 corporate memberships. (CR 48-18)
9. WAIVER PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2018-11-02-20 submitted by Michigan Massage Professionals, to operate a massage establishment on property located on the east side of Middlebelt Road, between Joy Road and west Chicago Avenue (9182 and 9188 Middlebelt Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 36.
10. REQUEST TO APPROVE FUNDING FOR THE LIVONIA VISION 21 PHASE 2: ZONING ORDINANCE UPDATE: Planning Commission, re: to provide a comprehensive update of the City of Livonia Zoning Ordinance. (CR 360-17)
11. WAYNE COUNTY MILL RUN CONCEPT (HINES PARK): Planning Commission, re: request made by Wayne County Executive Warren C. Evans to present Wayne County’s plans and future projects along Hines Park to City Council.UNFINISHED BUSINESS
12. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2018-03-01-04 submitted by Comfort Care Senior Living, to rezone the property located on the north side of Plymouth Road between Farmington and Stark Roads (34020 Plymouth Road), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 28, from C-1 (Local Business), C-2 (General Business) and RUF (Rural Urban Farm) to OS (Office Services).
First Reading given by Councilmember White on July 23, 2018.
13. REQUEST TO CHANGE ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 543, ARTICLE IV, SECTION 4.02(g) AND CODE OF ORDINANCES, TITLE 10 (VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC) CHAPTER 48 SECTION 030: Justin Buck, re: to permit parking of commercial vehicles on residential property.
14. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2018-08-01-06 submitted by Cross Winds Court to rezone the property located on the south side of Ann Arbor Trail between Norwich Avenue and Wayne Road (34417 Ann Arbor Trail) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33, from R-U-F (Rural Urban Farm – Minimum ½ Acre) to R-1 (One Family Residential – 60’ X 120” Lots).
Public Hearing held on January 7, 2019.
15. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2018-10-01-09 submitted by Livonia Hotel Group, L.L.C., to rezone property located on the west side of Victor Parkway between Seven Mile Road and Pembroke Avenue (19265 Victor Parkway) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 6 from C-2 (General Business) to C-4-I (High Rise Commercial – Maximum 6 Stories).
Public Hearing held on January 7, 2019. NEW BUSINESS
16. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT: Department of Law, re: secured without monetary consideration from Livonia Corporate Center 1 & 2, LLC, for six (6) 20-foot wide public utility easements in connection with the development of new water mains constructed at 28101 and 28201 Schoolcraft Road in the North ½ of Section 25. AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
DATED: January 9, 2019 SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.