Regular Meeting Agenda 04/08/2019
1,870th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, April 8, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
a. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated March 18, 2019, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending December 31, 2018.
b. Communication from the Department of Finance, dated March 19, 2019, re: forwarding various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending January 31, 2019.
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Rev. Fr. Tony Massad, Pastor, Saint Rafka Maronite Catholic Church, re: in order to hold a cultural festival with music played by a DJ and live bands at Saint Rafka Maronite Catholic Church located at 32765 Lyndon Street on Saturday, August 3, 2018, from 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. and Sunday, August 4, 2018, from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
2. REQUEST FOR ISSUANCE OF A PERMIT FOR WADE SHOWS TO HOLD CARNIVAL AMUSEMENT RIDES AT FORD FIELD AND VETERANS’ PARK JUNE 25-30, 2019, DURING REFERENCED HOURS; A PERMIT FOR A FIREWORKS DISPLAY BY AMERICAN FIREWORKS, INC. TO BE HELD AT 10:15 P.M. ON JUNE 30, 2019 AT VETERANS’ PARK; AND AUTHORIZATION TO USE AND LEASE THE FACILITIES AT FORD FIELD, EDDIE EDGAR ARENA AND STYMELSKI VETERANS’ PARK DURING SPREE ’69: Dan Spurling, President, Livonia Anniversary Committee, Inc., re: same.
3. REQUEST TO CLOSE STARK ROAD FROM THE FAMILY Y (14255 STARK ROAD) TO LYNDON AND LYNDON FROM FARMINGTON ROAD TO STARK ROAD TO TRAFFIC FROM 8:00 A.M., JUNE 24, 2019 THROUGH 12:00 NOON ON JULY 1, 2019 (MONDAY THROUGH MONDAY); AND TO REQUEST THAT THE CITY SEEK PERMISSION FROM THE WAYNE COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION TO ALLOW THE CLOSURE OF FARMINGTON ROAD BETWEEN THE I-96 OVERPASS AND FIVE MILE ROAD FROM 6:30 P.M. THROUGH 11:30 P.M. ON JUNE 30, 2019 (SUNDAY) IN CONNECTION WITH SPREE ’69: Dan Spurling, President, Livonia Anniversary Committee, Inc., re: same.
4. REQUEST TO DISPLAY BANNERS ON FARMINGTON ROAD AND FIVE MILE ROAD AND 4’ X 8’ SIGNS AT CITY HALL AND FORD FIELD FROM MAY 28, 2019 THROUGH JULY 1, 2019: Dan Spurling, President, Livonia Anniversary Committee, Inc., re: same.
5. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE FOUR (4) UNMARKED POLICE VEHICLES UTILIZING THE STATE OF MICHIGAN AND THE COUNTIES OF OAKLAND AND MACOMB CONSORTIUM BID PRICING: Division of Police, re: to be used by the Intelligence Bureau, from budgeted funds.
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC SERVICE VEHICLE WITH SERVICE BODY UTILIZING THE 2019 MICHIGAN VEHICLE STATE CONTRACT COOPERATIVE BID PROCESS: Livonia Fire & Rescue, re: to ensure effective and efficient maintenance to our fleet, from budgeted funds.
7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO EXECUTE AGREEMENT WITH CBI TELECOMMUNICATIONS: Department of Management Information Systems, re: to perform phone auditing services on behalf of the City.
8. AWARD OF CONTRACT: Public Service Division, re: for the 2019 Street Tree Planting Program, from budgeted funds.
9. REQUEST TO APPROVE ANNUAL RENEWAL OF SOFTWARE LICENSING AND MAINTENANCE FROM SOLE SOURCE PROVIDER: Public Service Division, re: with Azteca Systems LLC for the DPW work management system for the period of March 1, 2019 through February 29, 2020, includes Cityworks Online, from budgeted funds. (CR 196-17)
10. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2019 FORD F550 TRUCK BUILT AS A SWAP LOADER THROUGH THE MI DEAL STATE BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace a vehicle for the primary use of the Roads Department, from budgeted funds.
11. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE ONE (1) 2019 FORD F550 SUPER CAB 4x4 STAKE TRUCK THROUGH THE STATE OF MICHIGAN BID PROCESS: Public Service Division, re: to replace a vehicle for the primary use of the Roads Department, from budgeted funds.
12. AWARD OF BID: Public Service Division, re: for emergency replacement of City Hall Fire Panel and Alarm System, from budgeted funds.
13. REQUEST TO EXTEND CONTRACT WITH NAGLE PAVING COMPANY: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Asphalt Road Repair Program – Contract 19-A, at the unit prices from the 2018 contract unit prices. (CR 109-18)
14. REQUEST TO AMEND CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING CONTRACT THROUGH THE QUALIFICATION BASED SELECTION (QBS) PROCESS WITH OHM ADVISORS, FOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR THE 2019 ASPHALT ROAD PROGRAM: Engineering Division, re: same. (CR 365-16 and 381-17)
15. VACATING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-01-03-01 submitted by the Nowak & Fraus Engineers on behalf of Smith-Watkins Investment, L.L.C. pursuant to Council Resolution 56-19 to determine whether or not to vacate the existing storm sewer easement located on the northwest corner of Pamco Drive and Merriman Road (31500 Pamco Drive) in the Northeast ¼ of Section 27.
16. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-01-08-03 submitted by Community Alliance Credit Union to construct a single-story building addition, relocate the existing drive-thru operations and reconfigure the parking and driveway facilities of the existing credit union located on the southwest corner of Plymouth and Newburgh Roads (37401 Plymouth Road), in the Southeast ¼ of Section 30.
17. ROLL CALL: Proposed Amendment to Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended: Department of Law, re: Petition 2018-08-01-06 submitted by Cross Winds Court (Grove Court) to rezone property located on the south side of Ann Arbor Trail between Norwich Avenue and Wayne Road (34417 Ann Arbor Trail) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33, from R-U-F (Rural Urban Farm – Minimum ½ Acre) to R-1 (One Family Residential – 60’ x 120’ Lots).First Reading given by Councilmember Meakin on January 16, 2019.
18. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-01-08-04 submitted by Leo Soave to develop a site condominium (Grove Court) consisting of seventeen (17) single-family homes located on the south side of Ann Arbor Trail between Norwich Avenue and Wayne Road (34417 Ann Arbor Trail and 34391 Dover Avenue) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33.
19. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Heather Plinka, re: for a wedding reception with a DJ and music playing throughout the event on Saturday, August 17, 2019, from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at 29610 Hoy Street.
20. REQUEST TO APPROVE PROPOSED SISTER CITY AGREEMENT: Office of the Mayor, re: proposed Sisterhood Agreement between City of Livonia and City of Silay, Republic of the Philippines, as presented by the Administration of Madonna University.
21. PROPOSED LOT SPLIT: Department of Assessment, re: requested by Michael Soave of Soave/Oro Construction, for Tax Item 46-053-02-0315-000, located on the north side of Greenland Avenue west of Middlebelt, south of Six Mile, at 29614 Greenland Avenue.(Petition #2019-02-LS-04)
22. REZONING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-01-01-01 submitted by Schoolcraft College to rezone a portion of the property located on the east side of Haggerty Road between Six Mile and Seven Mile Roads (18600 Haggerty Road) in the Northwest ¼ of Section 7, from PL (Public Lands) to PO (High Rise Professional Office – Maximum Four (4) Stories).Public Hearing held on March 18, 2019. NEW BUSINESS
23. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT OF EASEMENT:
Department of Law, re: as executed by Dennis K. Wright, Mayor, City of Livonia, for a six-foot (6’) wide public utility easement in connection with the installation and maintenance of dedicated 911 lines for the Livonia Police Department in the West ½ of Section 22. Parcel ID No. 46-086-01-0370-004
DATED: March 26, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.