Regular Meeting Agenda
1,882nd Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, October 7, 2019
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive
CALL TO ORDER:
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES:
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
Communication from the Department of Finance, dated August 30, 2019, re: various financial statements of the City of Livonia for the month ending July 31, 2019.
1. APPOINTMENT OF NICHOLAS LOMAKO TO THE LIVONIA BROWNFIELD REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY: Office of the Mayor, re: for a term which will expire on November 24, 2022.
2. REQUEST TO EXECUTE CHANGE OF INVESTMENT OPTION FOR THE CITY OF LIVONIA’S 401a AND 457 RETIREMENT PLANS: Department of Finance, re: to replace the Ridgeworth Large Cap Value Equity Fund (STVZX) with the Ceredex Large Cap Value CIT Fund (CIT), and to adopt a rule delegating the authority to the Livonia Board of trustees to determine the selection and use of investment funds for the City’s 401a and 457 Retirement Plans.
3. REQUEST TO APPROVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF LIVONIA AND THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (MDOT): Engineering Division, re: for the installation of a traffic signal mast arm and the signal painting work at the intersection of Highway Old M-14 (Plymouth Road) and Tech Center Drive, with the City’s portion to be 100% of the estimated cost of $69,400.00.
4. VACATING PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-07-03-03 submitted by City Planning Commission, pursuant to Council Resolution 242-19 and Section 12.08 of the Livonia Code of Ordinances as amended, to determine whether or not to vacate the south 33 feet of Surrey Avenue, located south of Graytona Avenue in the Northeast ¼ of Section 28, to facilitate the relocation of the entrance and exit gates to the City of Livonia Department of Public Works complex.
MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
5. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE – Meeting of September 16, 2019
a. Subject matter of Intergovernmental Agreements for the creation of Authorities for the purchase of goods and/or the delivery of services. (CR 201-12)
b. Subject matter of the City-Wide Comprehensive Master Plan. (CR 361-17)
c. Petition 2018-12-02-23 submitted by Livonia Healthcare Real Estate, L.L.C. to construct and operate a nursing and physical rehabilitation facility on property located on the Southeast corner of Wayne Road and Ann Arbor Trail (8834 Wayne Road) in the Southwest ¼ of Section 33. (CR 100-19)
6. ROLL CALL: Proposed amendment to Zoning Ordinance No. 543, as amended, Law Department, re: Petition 2019-06-01-04 submitted by Ryan Kresge, to rezone the properties located on the west side of Middlebelt Road between Joy Road and West Chicago Road (8999, 8985, and 8981 Middlebelt Road) in the Southeast ¼ of Section 35, from C-1 (Local Business) to R-1 (One Family Residential – 60’ x 120’ Lots).First Read given by Councilmember Brian Meakin on September 9, 2019
7. REQUEST FOR DESIGNATION AS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: Sean Griffin, Board of Directors, GEAR-Giving Every Athlete Resources, re: as required by the State of Michigan to obtain a Charitable Gaming License to allow raffle fundraisers in the future.
8. SITE PLAN PETITION: Planning Commission, re: Petition 2019-07-08-11 submitted by Arbid Design & Construction, L.L.C. to renovate the existing gas station located on the northeast corner of Six Mile and Haggerty Roads (39350 Six Mile Road), in the Southwest ¼ of Section 7.
9. REQUEST TO AMEND QUALIFICATION-BASED SELECTION (QBS) CONTRACT WITH OHM ADVISORS: Public Service Division, re: to provide as-needed highly specialized and technical engineering services through November 30, 2021. (CR 365-16)
10. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the existing Water & Sewer Taps and Service Connections Along with Emergency Water and Sewer Repairs with D’Angelo Brothers, Inc. for Rear Yard Drainage Improvements not to exceed $121,905.00. (CR 264-17)
11. REQUEST TO AUTHORIZE AN ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Engineering Division, re: for the 2019 Sidewalk Program and Pavement Improvements at various locations throughout Civic Center Campus not to exceed $25,000.00. (Contract 19-G) (CR 96-19)
DATED: September 26, 2019
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email xd if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.ci.livonia.mi.us - under Government, City Council, Agendas.