Camp Swoosh is sold out for all weeks of 2023! It took less than 40 minutes for all spots to fill up when registration opened April 10.
Registration for Playground Program begins April 17.
Camp Swoosh runs Monday through Friday and will begin on June 19 and will end on Aug. 25. There will be no camp July 3-4 and that week of camp will be pro-rated for the short week. Camp Swoosh is licensed through the state of Michigan as a summer day camp and is for children ages 5 to 12.
Registration will take place online and at the Kirksey Recreation Center on the following dates:
- April 10 - Kirksey Recreation Center Members
- April 11 - Livonia Residents
- April 13 - Non-Residents
|Weekly Fees||Times||Annual Member||Resident||Non-Resident|
|Base Camp (Monday-Friday)||7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.||$190||$215||$260|
*Materials fee is payable one time and good for the entire summer. It is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
Payment can be made in one of two ways:
- Pay in full at the time of registration (cash, check, or credit/debit card).
- Utilize our payment plan. The payment plan requires a $30 deposit per child per week at the time of registration. The remaining payments are due on May 15, June 15, and July 15. The balances of all June weeks are due on May 15, the July weeks on June 15, and the August weeks on July 15.
a day at camp swoosh
At Camp Swoosh we strive to create a daily routine that campers get used to while promoting a variety of different activities and interests each day. Below you will find an example daily schedule of a day at Camp Swoosh on a non-field trip day:
- 7:30 a.m. - Camp opens! Board games, coloring, Legos, drawing, reading, writing, and Tree Fort.
- 8:45 a.m. - Go over schedules, introductions, rules, and talk about our day.
- 9-11 a.m. - Rotation of activities between gym games, arts and crafts, and rock wall for campers ages 6-12.
- 11 a.m. - Go outside (weather permitting) to either the soccer fields, volleyball courts, or Pastor Park.
- 11:30 a.m. - Lunch! Campers bring their own lunch and snack each day.
- 1-2:30 p.m. - Swimming at the Kirksey Recreation Center
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. - Locker rooms and then snack/reading/writing
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. - Camp Swoosh Clubs! Fit Club, Comic Club, and Coloring Club
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. - End our day playing games and hanging out with friends either outside, in the gym, or Tree Fort.
On Wednesdays, we will take buses from a licensed bus company to off-site field trips. The official field trip calendar will be available in April, but field trips in the past have included trips to the zoo, science museums, water parks, stadium tours, and more.
All Camp Swoosh staff are 18 years of age or older and undergo a background check, central registry clearance, and a minimum of 30 hours of pre-camp training. Training includes becoming CPR/First Aid/AED certified, water safety, child abuse and neglect, leadership, how to lead activities, and all of the other tools required in order to become a Professional Role Model.
Contact Billy Keppen by phone at (734) 466-2415 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org