5v5 adult Basketball league - spring 2021
The season began the week of April 14. Teams are guaranteed a nine-week schedule with a chance to qualify for a playoff bracket. All games are played on Wednesday nights at the Kirksey Recreation Center Main Gym 2.
covid-19 guidelines-updated may 17, 2021
In accordance with the May 14 Interim Guidance for Athletics Order from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the following bolded updates have been made to the Adult Basketball Spring 2021 COVID-19 Guidelines:
- Fully vaccinated individuals (14 days past the second shot of Pfizer/Moderna or a single shot of Johnson and Johnson) are no longer required to wear masks while participating in the adult basketball league.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are still required to wear masks during play and in the Kirksey Recreation Center.
- Any 18- or 19-year-old participant must present a negative test within seven days of their scheduled game to Livonia Parks and Recreation staff. If they do not, they are ineligible to participate.
- Any fully vaccinated individual aged 18 or 19 years old is exempt from the testing order.
- The testing order expires May 24, 2021.
- Prior to participating, each player and official will complete a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to playing in the game and check-in with a photo ID and must be listed on the team’s roster.
- If a participant demonstrates any symptoms or answers yes to any of the screening questions, they will not be allowed at the event.
- Referees for the night are also required to take their temperature and complete the questionnaire.
- The game ball will be sanitized between games and is provided by Livonia Parks and Recreation.
- Payment of referees must be in $30/team/game exactly. No change shall be made.
- No spectators are permitted for the Adult Basketball League.
- Sharing any equipment is highly discouraged.
- Each team shall be provided sets of bleachers for their team bench area.
- Social distancing must be observed while in the team bench area.
- New teams are not allowed to access the bench areas until they have been disinfected.
- No pre-game or post-game handshakes will be permitted.
- Games shall be two twenty-minute halves with ten minutes of warmup time prior to games.
- Staff will facilitate the event in such a way as to allow social distancing between all persons.
- When social distancing is not possible, activities will be modified to reduce close interaction among participants as much as possible.
Roster and Facility Access
- A minimum of seven players or up to a maximum of 13 players on each team.
- All players must be listed on the roster prior to participating in any game.
- All rosters will be locked on Thursday, June 26.
- All teams will have access to the Kirksey Recreation Center Main Gym 2 and locker room 15 minutes prior to their scheduled game time.
- Any individual listed on the team roster with a valid membership can access the Kirksey Recreation Center anytime during open operating hours.
- Any non-member participants must leave the Kirksey Recreation Center within five minutes of the completion of their game and do not have access to the locker room facilities after the game.
- All teams will have ten minutes of warm-up time on the court prior to the game, even if the game pushes the start time past its listed time on the schedule.
- To start early, both team managers and the officials must agree to skip the remaining warm-up time.
5V5 ADULT BASKETBALL LEAGUE - fall 2021
Due to the facility projects within the Kirksey Recreation Center, Livonia Parks and Recreation is not offering a Summer Adult Basketball League.
Starting in September, Livonia Parks and Recreation will offer two nights of adult basketball leagues. Leagues will play on Wednesday and Thursday nights with games starting no earlier than 6:15 p.m. All games will be played in Main Gym 2 of the Kirksey Recreation Center.
The Men's Class B League is designed to be the more competitive/intermediate league. The Men's Class C League is designed to be more recreational. Teams are guaranteed at least a 10-game schedule with the potential to qualify for a playoff bracket at the end of the season.
Managers will be sent COVID-19 Guidelines prior to the start of the season.
fall 2021 registration information
- Open Registration: July 19 - Aug. 27
- Cost: $380/team
- A one-time non-resident fee of $30 is applied at checkout if the team manager is a non-resident.
- Officials Fees: $30/game/team to be paid to the officials in cash at the court prior to the game starting.
- Games will not be played until the officials have been paid.
Register in person at the Kirksey Recreation Center or online. If you would like to register online, please select the appropriate league below. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.