- Parks & Recreation
- Senior Center
- Resources for Seniors
Resources for Seniors
In-Home Support Services
- Homemaker Service assists with routine light household tasks.
- Personal Care Service assists with non-medical needs such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and shampooing.
- Respite Care Service provides relief to the primary caregiver of an elderly dependent.
These services are funded by The Senior Alliance, Michigan Office of Services to the Aging, The Older Americans Act, and The Older Michiganians Act. For additional information, call The Senior Alliance at (800) 815-1112 or (734) 722-2830.
- Minor Home Repair provides assistance with a permanent improvement to the home and remedies a substandard condition. For additional information call (734) 421-6450, ext. 105.
ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS
- Arts and Crafts
- Ballroom Dancing
- Board Games
- Card Playing
- Discussion Groups
- Educational Classes
- Fitness Classes
- Informational Seminars
- Line Dancing
- Pool Playing
- Table Tennis
- Travel Club
- Wood Carving
- Congregate Meal Program - A hot lunch is provided Monday through Friday, to all seniors, age 60 plus for a suggested donation of $3 at the following sites. Reservations are required 24 hours in advance.
- Civic Park Senior Center
15218 Farmington Road
Phone: (734) 466-2555
- Brashear Tower
17841 N Laurel Park
Phone: (734) 591-6622
- Civic Park Senior Center
- Focus Hope - Monthly food distribution to low-income residents, age 60 plus. For information call (734) 466-2557.
- Home Delivered Meals - A hot lunch is delivered Monday through Friday by Meals On Wheels volunteers to homebound seniors. For information, call (734) 326-5202 or (800) 851-1454.
- Liquid Nutrition - Assistance is available on a monthly basis for the distribution of liquid nutrition with a physician referral. For information, call (734) 326-5202 or (800) 851-1454.
Information & Referral
- Creative Corner Gift Shop: The Creative Corner Gift Shop, located in the Civic Park Senior Center, offers a wide variety of hand-crafted items. The gift shop is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fitness: Physical activities including golf, yoga, meditation, exercise classes, strength training, table tennis and softball are available at the senior center. Call (734) 466-2555 to request additional information regarding our fitness programs.
- Leisure Activities: A senior club meets bi-monthly at the senior center. It is open to city residents, ages 55 plus. Call (734) 466-2555 to request additional information regarding this organization.
- Referral Names: Fee-for-service names are available for lawn maintenance, or snow removal. To request a list of referral names, call (734) 466-2555.
- Senior Housing: The Livonia Housing Commission offers three affordable senior housing options which are McNamara Towers, Newburgh Village and Silver Village. For more information, visit the Housing web page.
- Special Services: Monthly bulletins are available at the center with specific times for all programs and activities.
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Flu Shot Clinic
- Health Screening
- Income Tax Assistance
- Legal Aid Assistance
- Medical Equipment Loan Closet
- Medicare and Medicaid Counseling
- Vision/Hearing Screening
- Support Groups: These monthly meetings provide education and support services regarding Alzheimer's and grief. Check the monthly bulletin for specific meeting times.
- Transportation: The senior buses provide rides within the City limit to local shopping districts, banks, medical appointments, and to the senior center, Monday through Friday. Transportation reservations are required 24 hours in advance. Make your reservation by calling (734) 466-2555.
- Vest Pocket Library: This library, located in the Civic Park Senior Center, provides a large selection of both paperback and large print books. For additional information call (734) 466-2559.