COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
As vaccinations continue to ramp up many businesses are wondering what to do next?
Businesses across Michigan continue to face challenges as a result of the coronavirus outbreak and the economic ramifications of policies to slow its spread. Some resources compiled by the City for businesses navigating the coronavirus pandemic, including information on loans, grants and PPE procurement.
Afflicted Business Relief (ABR) Grant program
The Afflicted Business Relief (ABR) grant program is a program by the State of Michigan to distribute up to $409 Million of its American Rescue Plan Act funds to be awarded through grants for those who have suffered financial hardship from Covid-19. Check out the FAQ for more information. Applications are due Thursday, March 31 2022.
COVID-19 LOAN AND GRANT LINKS
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Loan Program
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation Small Business Relief Grants & Loans
- Small Business Association of Michigan COVID-19 Resource Guide
Covid-19 Workpace Prevention Straegies
- Plan, Prepare and Respond: CDC guidelines for workplaces and business.
- Vaccinations, Health and Safety Practice, Testing and Contact Tracing
COVID-19 PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT PROCUREMENT
- Pure Michigan Business Connect
- Connects Michigan businesses with Michigan-based PPE and safety product suppliers.
- Small Business Association of Michigan
- A list of resources on PPE.
Doing Business in Livonia
A big city with a small hometown charm and appeal. Whether you are starting a new business, expanding your current business, or need information about doing business in Livonia, this is the place to get started. A community of mentoring and support and a culture of innovation help make businesses thrive. If your business is growing and you’re looking for ways to expand your facility, grow your workforce, or invest in new equipment, the City of Livonia wants to help you! For more information, check out our "Choose Livonia!" Flyer (PDF).
What We Do
Livonia’s Planning and Economic Development Team devotes special emphasis on the retention and expansion of existing Livonia businesses, attracting new business, as well as providing the following services for Industrial and Commercial prospects considering new operations in Livonia:
- Administer Planning Review and Council Approval Process
- Arrange confidential meetings with local and State officials, CSX, DTE, and Consumer Energy
- Arrange Industrial/Commercial building tours with listing agents
- Connect with local partners such as colleges, workforce agencies, career tech centers and more
- Facilitate Zoning, Environmental Protection Agency, Infrastructure, City Council Issues
- Package State and Local Incentives