COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
As vaccinations continue to ramp up many businesses are wondering what to do next?
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has opened registration for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF). The program provides $28 billion in relief measures, made possible through the American Rescue Plan, to provide restaurants with funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue losses. Recipients are not required to repay the funding as long as funds are used on eligible expenses by March 11, 2023. Applications open on Monday, May 3.
Businesses across Michigan continue to face challenges as a result of the coronavirus outbreak and the economic ramifications of policies to slow its spread. Some resources compiled by the City for businesses navigating the coronavirus pandemic, including information on loans, grants and PPE procurement.
CITY OF LIVONIA TEMPORARY OUTDOOR DINING PERMITS
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Guide
- Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit Application
- Temporary Outdoor Dining App Checklist
- Joint Declaration and Resolution Permitting Temporary Outdoor Dining
city of livonia cdbg-cv small business grant program
The City of Livonia awarded 25 Livonia small businesses with grants of up to $7,500 using $127,500 in funds provided to the CIty’s CDBG program under the CARES Act.
This program is designed to minimize and avoid job loss caused by business closures related to COVID-19 and social distancing. The fund will provide short term working capital assistance (grants) to small businesses to enable retention of jobs held by low- and moderate-income persons. Please note: the application period for this program is now closed.
COVID-19 LOAN AND GRANT LINKS
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Loan Program
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation Small Business Relief Grants & Loans
- Small Business Association of Michigan COVID-19 Resource Guide
COVID-19 PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT PROCUREMENT
- Pure Michigan Business Connect
- Connects Michigan businesses with Michigan-based PPE and safety product suppliers.
- Small Business Association of Michigan
- A list of resources on PPE.
Doing Business in Livonia
A big city with a small hometown charm and appeal. Whether you are starting a new business, expanding your current business, or need information about doing business in Livonia, this is the place to get started. A community of mentoring and support and a culture of innovation help make businesses thrive. If your business is growing and you’re looking for ways to expand your facility, grow your workforce, or invest in new equipment, the City of Livonia wants to help you! For more information, check out our "Choose Livonia!" Flyer (PDF).
What We Do
Livonia’s Planning and Economic Development Team devotes special emphasis on the retention and expansion of existing Livonia businesses, attracting new business, as well as providing the following services for Industrial and Commercial prospects considering new operations in Livonia:
- Administer Planning Review and Council Approval Process
- Arrange confidential meetings with local and State officials, CSX, DTE, and Consumer Energy
- Arrange Industrial/Commercial building tours with listing agents
- Connect with local partners such as colleges, workforce agencies, career tech centers and more
- Facilitate Zoning, Environmental Protection Agency, Infrastructure, City Council Issues
- Package State and Local Incentives