T-Ball / Coach Pitch
|League||Ages (as of May 1, 2022)||Nights|
|T-Ball||5 to 6||Mondays and Wednesdays|
|Coach Pitch||7 to 8||Tuesdays and Thursdays|
detroit tigers group outing - livonia parks and recreation
We are excited to announce Livonia Parks and Recreation is headed to Comerica Park! Discounted tickets are available at the link below for the Detroit Tigers vs. Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday, June 11. This opportunity is available to family and friends of our T-Ball and Coach Pitch League participants. Those attending are encouraged to wear their team jerseys to the game!
Tickets are in section 324 and are $32/ticket. Please contact Ethan Engel at email@example.com with questions.
spring 2022 League information
The Spring 2022 T-Ball and Coach Pitch leagues will run their first practices the week of May 2. For online copies of team schedules, please use the league portal links below. To see a team's entire schedule, click on your team, then click on the Full Schedule tab in the upper left corner.
fall 2022 LEAGUE INFORMATION
Fall 2022 T-Ball and Coach Pitch League registration will open at the end of June. All participants must be 5 or 7 by Sept. 1, 2022. The Fall 2022 league will run from the middle of August to the beginning of October. Registration information will be updated by the middle of June.
Livonia Parks and Recreation is excited to offer instructional T-Ball and Coach Pitch Leagues. To do so, we are in search of passionate volunteer coaches to develop a love of the game for their participants! No previous coaching experience is required. Past playing experience is encouraged, but also not required.
The spring season lasts for approximately eight weeks with teams practicing/scrimmaging for approximately 60-75 minutes twice a week. Total weekly time commitment for a coach is approximately three to five hours each week.
Coaches will be provided with all information and equipment needed for each season at their coaches' meeting hosted by Livonia Parks and Recreation, including a packet of drills and tips for new coaches. Upon season competition, coaches shall receive a full refund of the registration fee for their registered dependent(s) or family members on the team(s) they are coaching.
Coaches are expected to be at all practices and scrimmages for their team. Livonia Parks and Recreation acknowledges it is a volunteer role. If a coach must miss due to a prior commitment, the expectation shall be that they provide a plan to assist their other coach(es) at the practice/scrimmage they will miss.
T-Ball and Coach Pitches coaches will be doing the following during their seasons:
- Teach the rules of baseball/softball to their teams provided by Livonia Parks and Recreation.
- Communicate with their team’s parents/guardians about updates to their team’s schedule (i.e. cancellations, distribute schedules, etc.)
- Develop and lead plans and drills for all practices.
- Develop lineups and position rotations providing balanced playing time to their team based on nightly scrimmage attendance.
- Model and teach your players to Honor the Game.
- Teach ROOTS – respect for Rules, Opponents, Officials, Teammates and One’s Self.
- Model behavior on the diamonds to demonstrate how to Honor the Game to their team.
- Help players pursue developmental opportunities
- Reward effort, not just good outcomes. Recognize players' “unsuccessful” efforts.
- Use encouragement and positive reinforcement as the primary method of coaching/motivating.
- Use the ELM Tree of Mastery (Effort, Learning, and Bouncing Back from Mistakes) and positive feed to encourage skill development rather than winning.
- Review each practice/scrimmage to discuss what was taught/learned from the activity that day.
All coaches must pass a background check and concussion training prior to being placed on a team.
T-Ball & Coach Pitch volunteer coaches receive a full refund of the registration fee for their registered dependent(s) or family members on the team(s) they are coaching upon season completion.
In the event Livonia Parks and Recreation does not have enough coaches for the registered participants, T-Ball and Coach Pitch teams will be formed using the following order based on date/time of registration:
- Livonia Residents
- Livonia Public Schools/Clarenceville Students
- Non-Residents and Non-LPS/Clarenceville Students
who is our presenting sponsor, growth works?
- Growth Works is a leading social service provider supporting youth and families throughout Southeast Michigan for more than 50 years.
- Growth Works provides family services, substance use treatment for kids and adults, and case management services for kids in the Juvenile Justice system.
- Growth Works promotes healthy behaviors to Stronger Families and Stronger Communities.
For more information, visit their Growth Work's website for updated events, information, and opportunities!