- Parks & Recreation
- Field Rentals
|Type of Field or Court||Resident Cost||Non-Resident|
|Lit, Fenced Diamond||$30/hour||$50/hour|
|Standard Ball Diamond||$20/hour||$35/hour|
|Sand Volleyball Court||$20/hour||$35/hour|
- Resident: Organization or responsible party that resides in the city of Livonia
- Non-Resident: Responsible party or organization that resides outside the city of Livonia whether they are sponsored by a Livonia resident or not.
- Bicentennial Park Diamonds 1-3 and Ford Field Diamonds 1-3 are the only lit diamonds scheduled by Livonia Parks and Recreation.
- Light fees are $45/hour and will be added on after the rental is complete.
Questions can be directed to Ethan Engel at email@example.com
RENTAL APPLICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Livonia Parks & Recreation athletic fields may be reserved from April 17–Oct. 31, weather permitting. The maintenance of these fields and facilities will be on a limited basis before May 1 and after Sept. 30.
Livonia Parks & Recreation highly encourages interested parties to reserve space for their events so the fields and facilities may be properly prepared and maintained for their use.
An online rental application must be submitted at least four days in advance of the requested rental date and must be approved by Livonia Parks and Recreation.
- Applications will be reviewed in the following order:
- Livonia Parks and Recreation Sponsored Organizations
- Past year resident rentals
- Past year non-resident rentals
- New resident rentals
- New non-resident rentals
- Livonia Parks and Recreation holds the right to refuse the use of space if not available or the activity for which the rental is requested is objectionable.
- All facility reservations must be at least one hour in length.
- Applications are approved once a permit has been generated for the reservation.
- The permit grants the team or group use of the facility's stated date and time.
Once an organization/renter has submitted a rental application and it has been approved, they may contact the Athletic Coordinator directly to obtain additional dates.
Please see the above document for assistance in submitting an application. Applicants will be contacted once their permit is ready for review.
- 2023 Ball Diamond Rental Application (Opens Jan. 16)
- 2023 Soccer Field Rental Application (Opens Jan. 30)
- 2023 Sand Volleyball Court Rental Application (Opens Feb. 6)
MAP OF FIELDS:
- Bicentennial Park (PDF)
- Ford Field (PDF)
- Rotary Park (PDF)
- Rotary Park ball diamonds are leased to the Livonia Junior Athletic League (LJAL).
- Those diamonds are open for drop-in use unless a coach, team, or individual affiliated with LJAL appears with a permit.
- Once the permit is shown, the team dropping in must vacate the field for the permit to be used.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who should I contact if the field is located at a school?
- Requests for reservations on school-owned properties must be submitted to the Board of Education.
- Contact the Community Education Office at (734) 744-2605.
- Where can I find out updates regarding weather cancellations?
- Weather Hotline: (734) 466-2299
- The weather hotline will be updated by 4 p.m. daily regarding cancellations made by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- If there is no update regarding your rental or activity on the hotline, it is on the individual/organization running their programs to notify their participants.
- If I rent a field, what equipment do I need to provide?
- Livonia Parks & Recreation will provide the goals, nets and lining on all soccer fields. It is up to the individual team/organization to provide the remaining equipment needed (corner flags, balls, etc.).
- Depending upon the ball diamond, you may need to provide bases. The Athletic Coordinator will be able to provide you with more information.
- All other equipment and staffing (umpires, bats, balls, etc.) must be provided by the organization.