Election Precinct Inspectors
The Clerk’s Office is now accepting applications for precinct inspectors. The position is limited to working on all General and City election days scheduled for the City of Livonia. In order to qualify, a precinct inspector must be a registered voter within the State of Michigan and a United States citizen. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and to be part of the election process.
Precinct inspectors must be able to:
- Assemble simple voting stations
- Attend an educational training program (mandatory every two years by the State of Michigan)
- Follow instructions provided by the precinct Chairperson
- Perform simple math calculations
- Possess inter-personal skills to work with a diverse community population
- Read and write legibly in the English language
- Work closely with others
Election Inspector Application
If you are interested in becoming a precinct inspector, download the Election Inspector Application (PDF) and return it to the Clerk’s Office. You may also pick up the application in person at the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours. For additional information, please call (734) 466-2235.
Rate of Pay and Hours
- Chairperson: $235
- Co-Chairperson: $210
- Inspector: $170 - Half Day $85
Hours are from 6 a.m. until approximately 9 p.m. or until the last voter has cast their ballot and the processing and cleanup are completed. All inspectors are required to stay and help in the closeout processing and clean up. The precinct chairperson will dismiss you.