- Parks & Recreation
- Adult Water Exercise
Adult Water Exercise
The Kirksey Recreation Center offers many water exercise classes on convenient days and times. Sign up for a daytime class and take advantage of our matinée prices.
Pre-registration is required as space is limited. Most classes are 50 to 60 minutes and meet once a week. Please note that some classes may change from session to session. For an up-to-date listing of class fees, days and times, please check out the Aquatics section in the most current issue of our Connections magazine.
Drop-In Water Aerobics Fees
Do you prefer a variety in your workouts? Perhaps your schedule varies weekly? Our Drop-In classes will work out perfectly. Note: two drop-in wrist bands are required for classes 75 minutes or more in length.
Drop-ins are welcome as long as space available in class. Check with our front desk at (734) 466-2900 to make sure space is available prior to drop-in.
Look for descriptions, dates, times and prices in the Connections magazine.
Important Aquatic Area Rules
- Youth 11 and under must be directly supervised by a responsible person at least 16 years of age. Non-swimmers must have an adult in the pool within arms reach at all times.
- Avoid water activities if you have had diarrhea or contagious disease in the past two weeks.
- Showers are required before entering the pool.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear tight-fitting plastic pants over a cloth or swim diaper.
- An appropriate bathing suit is required for swimming. Please no t-shirts or street clothes in the water.
- Lazy River and Water Slide riders under 48 inches tall must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person at least 16 years old.
- Lap Swim -You may need to share your lane with other swimmers. Remember to circle swim, always staying to the right side.
- Only life jackets or flotation devices built into the bathing suit are allowed (non-inflatable). The use of these items requires parent/guardian to be within arms reach of the youth at all times. Toys may not be brought into or used in the pools.
- Food/drink not permitted in the pool area. Plastic water bottles only. Gum is prohibited.