Housing Choice Voucher Rental Assistance Program
Livonia Housing Commission
Housing Choice Voucher Program
10800 Farmington Road
Livonia, MI 48150
Phone: (734) 261-0279
Fax: (734) 261-0373
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Rental Assistance Program
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides financial housing assistance to eligible low-income families based upon income. The amount the family pays for rent and utilities will generally not exceed 30% of income. Family income must be within HUD guidelines for household size in order to qualify. Owners of rental properties must comply with HUD program requirements. The rent for a property must be reasonable and must pass the HUD Housing Quality Standards. The Livonia Housing Commission currently assists approximately 900 families.
More information may be obtained through HUD and search for Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.
WAITING LIST is currently closed.
The landlord packet includes a list of property ownership documents required to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher program.
Review the following for additional landlord information:
- Briefing Signature Documents (PDF)
- Briefing VAWA with Signature Page (PDF)
- Briefing-2020 Income Limits and FMRs (PDF)
- Briefing-A Good Place to Live (PDF)
- Briefing-Annual, Interim Policies and Unauthorized Adult (PDF)
- Briefing-Are you a Victim of Housing Discrimination (PDF)
- Briefing-Avoid High Concentration Poverty (PDF)
- Briefing-Disability Network (PDF)
- Briefing-Fair Housing Equal Opportunity for All (PDF)
- Briefing-LHC Flow Chart and Search Log (PDF)
- Briefing-Protect Your Family from Lead (PDF)
- Briefing-Tenancy Addendum (PDF)
- Briefing-Utility Allowances (PDF)